Great Marketing Makes The Customer Feel Smart.

Are you teaching or are you pitching?

I believe people come to the Internet to get information.

If your business or brand is providing that information, your customers, prospects and clients - get to know like and trust you.

I am guessing you are aware that the customer of today wonโ€™t do business with people they donโ€™t trust, right?

Whenever a prospect sees your ad, post or content, they are always wondering, whatโ€™s in it for me?

The more you answer this question, the closer you are always to the bank.

Education-based marketing is the sharing of knowledge with the purpose of building trust.

It is a strategy that establishes credibility and trust with your customers by using educational messages.

Todayโ€™s consumer lives in a highly digital and immediately gratifying consumer environment.

They donโ€™t have to buy unless it is on their terms and their timetable.

In order for them to trust you they need to be assured they are dealing with the right company who has their best interests in mind.

People like buying stuff, but they donโ€™t like to be sold to.

Whenever a customer makes a decision, they want to feel empowered that they have not made a mistake.

They could be on your website and say, you are a mortgage broker or a real estate agent.

What they seek is assurance that the decision they are about to make, which is usually the biggest financial decision, is correct.

Education-based marketing is the direct opposite of traditional marketing, which is done through selling-based messages.

Many consumers have had enough of traditional marketing approaches and have grown tired of hearing old and worn out sales pitches.

However, when you share important information and facts that help customers make a good buying decision they listen.

The Financial Services industry example I gave above is happening to a lot of people.

This industry suffers from a lack of an education-based approach and the gap between consumer understanding and the professional is an ocean.

Where there is such a gap, the void must be filled through education, through information, through knowledge โ€“ not just direct marketing.

You should always be on the lookout for how you can continue to educate your existing clients as well as potential customers and ways to help them with their problems and ways to achieve their goals.

Give them more than what they were hoping for, always over deliver and this will build a stronger relation between you and your ideal customer.

You need to give educational information that will attract and help your prospects in solving their problems and to enable them make better decisions.

If you do not know how your potential client thinks or what they want you need to find out.

Without that nothing can move forward.

Surveys can help with this.

Why do your current clients work with you?

Why did they come to you in the first place?

What problem do you solve for them?

Build a business on integrity, use education based marketing, stay relevant and top of mind with your target audience, add value for all of your prospects and continue to find ways to help your ideal client solve their problems or achieve their goals.

Remember, we get paid in direct proportion to the value that we give to the market place.

P.S. If you're interested in exploring the possibility of working with me one on one- so you too can have a business thatโ€™s profitable and enjoyable - I have space for a couple new clients!

To see if we're a good fit, simply comment โ€œEducate meโ€ below.

If you're not quite ready for that, why not click this hashtag and join our community #livelongdigitalcommunity where I will answer any questions you have about education marketing and creating a business thatโ€™s remarkable.