What Problems Do You Solve for Your Customers?

What do you sell and who needs it?

Sales and marketing has evolved from the old days of “features and benefits” pitches to customers and fighting their objections to instead now primarily focusing on what problem does your business solve for your customers.

There are many reasons for this paradigm shift, however the most simple answer is that it makes your business relatable to the customer.

Selling is about solving customer problems, whether those are problems customers are currently facing, or problems they will face as their marketplace evolves and their needs change.

Instead of being bogged down by bells and whistles and technical jargon, the customer is presented with a challenge they are facing and the fact that you solve it.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

This is usually not stated directly as “What problem do we solve for you?, but rather through exploratory questions that allow the customer to easily understand the challenge and solution.

To be have a business that’s profitable and enjoyable, you must ask questions like the following so you can answer the questions already in your customer’s head.

As a business owner, you should ask:

“What problem does this solve for the customer?”

“Why do we need it?”

“Why does the customer want it?”

“Who is the customer that needs this solution?

and then once these are answered: “What does our company’s product do better or different than our competitors to solve the customer’s issues?”

The modern customer wants an incredible experience.

The customer wants to know they matter to your business and the issues and challenges that they experience can be solved through you.

Sometimes the hard part is not solving the problem, but rather letting the customer aware that there is a solution for their problem.

Whether it is your website, application, posts like this, email- the focus has to be on the customer.

There is an older common sales training acronym often used to remind a sales or marketing people that the customer on some level is always thinking WIIFM, What’s in it for me?  

When I asked a top sales professional about what he did that allowed him to stand out in his field, he responded very simply, "I solve problems." Simple, but not easy

When the need or want of a customer has been identified and your company can easily and effectively communicate how you solve it, your business inevitably becomes profitable and enjoyable.

P.S. If you're interested in exploring the possibility of working with me one on one- so you too can have a business that’s profitable and enjoyable - I have space for a couple of new clients!

To see if we're a good fit, simply comment “problem solver” in the comments section below.

If you're not quite ready for that, why not click this hashtag and join our community #livelongdigitalcommunity where I will answer any questions you have about solving problems and creating a business that’s remarkable.

I hope you can join us.